Wednesday, November 16, 2011

enable remote access PostgreSQL in Windows

Bismillah...

So, in my current office I am not using Ubuntu more...
I have to use Windows server 2008 as my application server.

Just same when I use Ubuntu...  I should learn from zera how to maintain a server... haha
okay... back to the topic...

I installer PostgreSQL 8.4 on server
and want that database can be accessed remotely...

In ubuntu the steps is easy like my post before enable-remote-access-postgresql
In windows the steps are same, which are
- edit pg_hba.conf
- edit postgresql.conf
- restart server

OKay... it easy but I always failed...
Why?
Because I was totally wrong placing file pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf
I placed them on root of postgre folder
because some blog said that...

then, after read this blog http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/auth-pg-hba-conf.html
I just knew that it should be placed on data dictionary...

It just I place data dictionary in "D" space not "C"
so, I didnt realize that folder...

pfiuuhh....

Ohya don't forget to add New Line in last line of file pg_hba.conf

Hope this help...

No comments:

Post a Comment